Consultant ( NHS )- Lead Consultant , Division of Foot and Ankle surgery- University Hospital of North Tees and Hartlepool,UK
Consultant ( Private and NHS ) - Foot/Ankle/Knee surgery- BMI Woodlands Hospital Darlington and Nuffield Health Tees Hospital, Stockton on Tees
- Examiner MRCS, The Royal College of Surgeons of England- Since January 2012
- Examiner - FRCS (Orth), Intercollegiate Boards in Trauma and Orthopaedics, The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK- Since March 2012
- Honorary Clinical Lecturer- University of Teesside, UK, Since March 2011
- Examiner- MBBS, final year, University of Newcastle, UK- Since 2010
- Registrar Trainer- Northern Deanery school of Orthopaedics and Trauma
- Faculty- Basic science courses, Foot and Ankle surgery courses ( National and International )
Mr Rajiv Limaye has undergone extensive medical training. He undergoes appraisals of his practice every year to keep his practice standards high. he is currently revalidated though the GMC. His experience in short is as follows -
- 5 years undergraduate training and 3 years of post- graduate training in India to qualify as a medical doctor and specialist orthopaedic surgeon in 1993, before arriving into UK.
- Further 10 years of junior and senior registrar level Orthopaedic and Trauma training in the UK across Liverpool, London and Oxford regions.
- Fellowship level training in Foot/Ankle surgery in the UK, leading to entry onto specialist register in the UK in 2005. Further on-going world wide top up training every year for updating his practice.
- Appointment as a Consultant in Orthopaedics and Truama surgery in the NHS from 2005.
- Faculty position in local and international level courses and conferences in foot/ankle surgery, trauma and basic sciences, to keep up with his research activities.
- Wide publications in orthopaedic journals, prsesentations of his experience in national/international meetings and contribution to book chapters for the Textbook of Orthoapedics and Trauma.
- MBBS- 1990 - B J Medical School, Pune, India
- MS (Orth) - 1993- B J Medical school and Sassoon Hospitals, Pune, India
- MSc (Trauma surgery) - 1999 -University of Birmingham, UK
- MCh (Orth) - 2000- University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
- FRCS (General) - 2005- The Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, UK
- FRCS (Orth) - 2005- The Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin, Ireland and England, UK
- Trauma Fellowship - 2005 ( AO International- Switzerland)
Advanced Training in Foot and Ankle surgery
Basic Foot/Ankle surgery- Mr's Sarkar and Belham- Luton Hospital and Watford Hospital, UK
Hindfoot surgery and Total Ankle replacements- Prof Hintermann, Liestal, Switzerland
Forefoot Surgery- Prof Coillard, Lyon, France
Arthroscopic sports injury surgery- Prof Nick van Dijk, Amsterdam, Holland
Minimally invasive foot/ankle surgery- Prof De Prada, Murcia, Spain
Additional top up training- Various centres in the USA- Washington DC, New Jersey, Dallas and Chicago
Membership of Societies
- General Medical Council - Full Membership ( GMC )
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England : Fellowship
- Specialist Register In Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery in the UK
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society ( BOFAS )
- British Orthopaedic Association ( Fellow)
- Medical defence union ( MDU)
Rajiv’s interests include walking, travelling and learning various cultures. he has friends and colleagues from various backgrounds.
His passion is water colour paintings and has received many national prizes in this specialty. Rajiv has completed elementary and intermediate drawing exams in India leading to a diploma in painting. His other interest lies in still photography and also has received prizes in that.
Please visit the 'paintings' from the side menu buttons and click onto the Flickr account link from this website to view some of Rajiv's original gallery of watercolour paintings and some still photography.